Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Katrina, The Bitch


Heartbreaking. That's the only word that comes to mind as I watch the footage from New Orleans, Mississippi, Alabama, etc. I'm usually not one to cry, especially at things I see on t.v., etc. But I have to admit, I've shed some tears over this.
People, mostly African Americans, are suffering. Their homes are gone, cars, even some of their loved ones. And of coarse the people hit the hardest are the poor minorities. They are literally roaming around on freeways with nothing but the clothes on their back's, trying to figure out what the fuck to do, & where to go. Can you imagine? They need help, and they need it NOW! I'm hoping Bush will do alot more than just "fly-by" the disaster areas!!
Somethings not right in this world. The amount and severity of tragic events in the world is alarming, and it really has me thinking. As soon as all this dies down, and the people are rescued, housed, fed, and taken care of; I will address this further. For now, anyone able to send help should do so. We are all human, regardless of color or financial status.