Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Former FEMA Director Mike Brown Blames "Dysfunctional" Louisiana!

Mike Brown defended his role in responding to Hurricane Katrina, and put the majority of
blame for relief efforts on Louisiana Governer Kathleen Blanco & New Orleans Mayor Ray
Nagin.
Brown told a congressional panel set up by White House Republican leaders to investigate
the disaster, "My biggest mistake was not recognizing by Saturday that Louisiana was
dysfunctional." Democrat Rep. William Jefferson responded by saying, " I find it absolutley
stunning that this hearing would start out with you, Mr.Brown, laying the blame for FEMA's
failings at the feet of the governer of Louisiana and the mayor of New Orleans."
Brown denies accusations that he was too inexperienced for the job at FEMA, saying," I've
overseen over 150 presidentially declared disasters. I know what I'm doing, and I think
I do a pretty darn good job at it."
---Remember this infamous quote?......"Brownie, your doing a heck of a job!?"
I guess Bush's comment really went to "Brownies" head!
By the way, Brown is still on FEMA's payroll! I guess it pays to have your nose halfway up
the president's ass! ----I'd rather go broke.