Saturday, January 21, 2006

Can't Find Bin Laden?

Then take off the lens cap, you jackass!!!!

Osama Bin Laden has released yet another of his infamous audio recordings, which Al-Jazeera aired January 19th. Bin Laden's recent recording threatens new attacks on the United States, and also mentioned the book, "Rogue State: A Guide to the World's Only Superpower", By William Blum. I found this so interesting & amusing because just the other day I bought this book (before Bin Laden mentioned it) and have started reading it just last night! Blum's book was 205,763 on the Amazon.com list, but since Bin Laden plugged it, it has shot up to # 27!!! Blum, who is 72, has no regrets, " This is almost as good as being an Oprah book ." He added, " I was not turned off by the endorsement, I am not repulsed and I am not going to pretend I am." Good for him!

This also ties into my recent idea of starting the Sappho's Book Club, featuring a selected book, of my choosing, every month in which as many bloggers who wish, read the featured book and discuss/post/comment on it at the end of the month. I know it's a little early, but next months (Feb.) featured book will be of course, " Rogue State: A Guide to the World's Only Superpower" By, William Blum. Not only will we all better understand what Bin Laden refered to, but we will also engage in some much needed discussion, as well as probably piss off the goverment who I'm sure will now place Blum's book on the 'Do Not Read' list (ie:Do Not Fly list), and send the men in suits to question our "terrorist" reading material!!

We can all start reading it now, as I have, and towards the end of the month(Feb) (will announce date later) we can discuss it, just like Oprah...Only better! For now here is the link to Osama Bin Laden's recent audio recording, http://www.memritv.org/Transcript.asp?P1=1002